1. Money

Erin Huffstetler

Free Turkey Promotions

By November 4, 2013

Cut the cost of your Thanksgiving dinner by snagging a free turkey. Here are several free turkey promotions to take advantage of:

• Albertsons: Spend $100 in a single transaction, and get a free Honeysuckle White Turkey (up to 16 lbs). Offer ends November 5
  • Shop Rite: Spend $400 between October 20 and November 28, get a free turkey or ham
  • Food Lion: Collect six different weekly tickets by spending $40 or more in a shopping trip, and redeem them for a $20 coupon to use on anything in the store

Know of another free turkey promotion? Please share the details.

See Also:

Photo © Flickr user Jim, the Photographer

Follow on Facebook | Follow on Twitter | Follow on Pinterest

Comments
November 7, 2012 at 2:27 am
(1) Jerry Copeland says:

Erin, I thought this was supposed to be about FRUGAL LIVING! So what is with this listing of a Shop Rite promotion of spending $300 USD between Oct 14 and Nov 22, roughly 5 1/2 weeks to get a free ham or turkey? $300 really!??? That does not seem very frugal to me!!
Food Lion or Ingles aren’t much better. But Albertsons sounds like something that someone on a limited income could handle!

November 7, 2012 at 7:03 am
(2) Shannon says:

With all due respect to Jerry Copeland, with a family of 6, spending $300 even frugally is quite easy to do in a 5 week period. If you are single or have a smaller family and/or children it may be another story. Although we dont have a Shop Rite in my area, Im glad you shared this Erin. Thank you! : )

November 7, 2012 at 8:40 am
(3) Terry davis says:

I just want to thank you so much for this site.Your news letters are the best I’ve received ever.
Thanks for your hard work ok.

November 7, 2012 at 8:49 am
(4) Melissa says:

I reside in a small river town we do not have those grocery shops where I live but we have Wal-Mart & Aldi’s & Kroger’s and today is Senior day which I am old enough to get that wonderful discount of 10% off ….my point I am trying to make being Frugal is NOT spending $300 in a shopping trip…..I don’t care if you have a family of 8 that is still awefully high. I actually gave up using coupons and started buying store brand items. We do have a Big Lots here and I can buy my Pasta usually for .49 cents a pound package….I cook and bake from scratch all the time I am a stay @ home (retired on fixed income) Mother/Grandma raising our 12 year old Grandaughter and my Husband is also retired so we do make it only spending what we need to…..I do buy our paper towels, and T.P. on Amazon.com when there is a good deal that pops up no shipping cost no taxes charged.
I only use 1 tablespoon of laundry soap per large load ….a person who is frugal can really do well IF they watch what buy and plan meals and such.

November 7, 2012 at 9:38 am
(5) FrugalLiving says:

Just to clarify, the ShopRite deal doesn’t require you to spend $300 in a single shopping trip; it requires you to spend $300 over the 5.5 week promotion. So, if you shop weekly, that’s $54.56 — an amount that many people already spend or surpass. It could indeed be a free turkey for a lot of people.

November 7, 2012 at 11:20 am
(6) Lynn May says:

HEB has a deal thru 11/22 buy a HEB spiral sliced ham and get a free turkey up to 12 lbs I believe.

November 7, 2012 at 12:27 pm
(7) Donna in VA says:

several other sites are mentioning a free Butterball turkey at BJs through Nov 14 provided you purchase some items from a list of specific things at the same time.

November 7, 2012 at 2:14 pm
(8) Carie says:

I live in So FL and Albertson’s prices are high. A better choice is Winn-Dixie or Publix (for me, anyway) and I used to swear by Butterballs and a few years ago I decided to try a Publix brand turkey and couldn’t get over how good it was and have been buying them ever since. Even with a coupon from Butterball you still can’t beat Publix’s price!

November 12, 2012 at 10:33 am
(9) silverslipper says:

@ Jerry: I think this is a great RESOURCE site.
Some act as if Erin should do your shopping for you. Grow up and do your frugalness your way.
Erin doesn’t have to do this newsletter ya know. She is doing it out of the kindness of her heart to HELP.

November 6, 2013 at 5:22 am
(10) Margaret D says:

I have not checked at Target yet, but we have gotten bone-in turkey breast for $ 0.99 a pound. They were delicious and there was lots of meat. For us that was a terrific deal.

November 6, 2013 at 8:10 am
(11) John says:

King Soopers here in Denver has bone-in turkey breasts on sale this week for .99. They also have butter on sale at 1.99. I always go through the grocery circulars to find things I use anyway and try to stock up.

November 6, 2013 at 11:04 am
(12) Leslie says:

Thank you for all of your wonderful posts. I have saved a lot of time, money and stress.

I have learned a lot about making things last longer and how to make a lot of different things.

You are the best.

November 6, 2013 at 6:43 pm
(13) Marli says:

Um, this was rather depressing. These are not FREE and none of those stores are even remotely near us here in the Northeast :-(

November 10, 2013 at 2:23 pm
(14) Carolyn says:

Melissa, I’m likewise a senior and enjoy Kroger’s senior discount on Tuesdays, but ours is only 5%. I very much appreciate that, yet was surprised to learn that your discount is 10%. Hmmm…
Our water is quite soft, so I get by with using the cheapest brand I use my handy calculator and have figured whatever is about five or so cents per load of the liquid kind is a good buy. Dish washer detergent…the same, yet the cheapest isn’t always the best when the results are not so good. I find WM’s “Great Value” to work very well and only use half as much as recommended. I do use a few coupons but still use my handy calculator to figure which is cheaper, the store or name brand.

November 15, 2013 at 6:29 am