Interested in attending estate sales, but not sure how to find them?
Time Required: 30 minutes a week or less
- Type the term "estate sales" and the name of your city into a search engine. Then, visit the website of any estate company that you turn up. They'll typically have listings for all of their upcoming sales, and in most cases, a spot to sign up for e-mail notifications.
- Check the classified section of your local newspaper for listings. Most estate sales start on Fridays, so start looking for listings on Thursday.
- Check Craigslist.org for even more listings in your area. This is a great place to turn up sales that aren't being run by the pros.
- Use estatesales.net to search for any sales that you may have missed. Be sure to sign up for their weekly updates while you're there.
- Estate companies often add more items (and estate pictures) to their websites in the days leading up to a sale. Check back often, if you're looking for something in particular.
- Like bargain basement prices? Then, hit sales on the last day, when prices are typically cut in half.
What You Need
- Internet access
- A newspaper