Battling an itching, burning case of athlete's foot? Then, fight back with this proven home remedy.
What You Need:
- Baking soda
What You Do:
1. Soak your feet in equal parts vinegar (white or apple cider) and water for fifteen minutes twice a day. Dry your feet thoroughly after each soak.
2. Place your shoes out in the sun to kill any fungus that's inside them.
3. Add a cup of white vinegar to your wash loads, and wash on the hottest setting to kill any fungus that's present on your socks.
4. Repeat the process until the infection is gone.
Why This Works:
The acetic acid in vinegar kills fungus and soothes itching – just what you need to treat athlete's foot.
Benefits of Treating Athlete's Foot with Vinegar:
- no harsh chemicals
- all natural
Tips and Warnings:
1. Consult your doctor if this is the first time you've had athlete's foot or if the symptoms persist or worsen.
2. Wash your hands after touching your feet to avoid spreading the infection to other parts of your body.
3. Sanitize any surfaces that your bare feet come into contact with to avoid infecting others and re-infecting yourself.
4. To prevent reoccurrences, sprinkle baking soda inside your shoes each night. This will help to dry up any moisture – something fungus needs to thrive.
5. Keep vinegar out of the reach of children.