Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup buttermilk (or milk with one Tablespoon vinegar)
1. Preheat over to 450.
2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
3. Mix oil into buttermilk; stir mixture into flour mixture with a large spoon. Gently knead smooth.
4. Roll one-half inch thick, and cut into biscuits.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes on an ungreased baking sheet.
EarlsDebbie says: This is my husband's grandmother's recipe. I've found that the biscuits come out fluffier if you make them 3" in diameter. Most biscuit cutters are only 2".