Looking for a quick and easy way to clean your blinds? Forgo the special cleaning tools, and use this cheap trick instead:
What You Need:
- White vinegar
- An old sock or cotton glove
What You Do:
1. Place the old sock or glove on your hand, and dip the tip (or fingers) into a container of vinegar. Squeeze out any excess.
2. Run your fingers along both sides of the first slat to remove dust.
3. Repeat on the remaining slats, stopping periodically to rinse the dust off of the sock or glove and to apply more vinegar.
Benefits of Cleaning Blinds with Vinegar:
- dust adheres to the sock/glove rather than being released into the air
- no harsh chemicals
- safe for most surfaces, including wood, plastic and metal
Tips and Warnings:
1) Avoid oversaturating wood blinds – damp is fine, wet isn't
2) Consult the owner's manual that came with your blinds to see if there are any special care instructions
3) As with any cleaner, you should avoid all contact with the eyes and prolonged contact with the skin
4) Keep vinegar out of the reach of children