What You Need:
- White vinegar
- 2 soft, clean cloths (microfiber or flannel works well)
What You Do:
1. Hold the DVD by the edges or by placing your finger through the center hole.
2. Then, wipe the disc with a cloth that has been dampened with vinegar. (To avoid doing damage to the DVD, start at the center and wipe straight out to the edge of the disc.)
3. Rotate the disc, and continue wiping in this manner until you've worked your way all the way around the disc.
4. Wipe the DVD off with a dry cloth, and allow it to dry completely.
5.Then, pop it in your DVD player, and enjoy.
Why This Works:
The acetic acid in vinegar cuts through the oils left behind by your fingers, as well as any other stains that may be on the disc.
Tips and Warnings
1) Avoid wiping discs in a circular motion
2) Store DVDs in their cases when not in use, to avoid future damage