What You Need:
- White vinegar
- A spray bottle
What You Do:
For Hard-skinned Fruits and Vegetables:
1. Fill a spray bottle with equal parts white vinegar and water.
2. Then, spray the solution onto your fruits and vegetables; rub it in; and rinse.
For Soft-skinned Fruits and Vegetables:
1. Fill a bowl with equal parts white vinegar and water.
2. Then, soak your fruits and vegetables in the solution for a minute or two, and rinse.
Why This WorksThe acetic acid in vinegar kills bacteria and helps to dissolve the wax and pesticide residues found on the skins of many fruits and vegetables.
Benefits of Making Your Own Fruit and Vegetable Wash
- cheaper than store-bought washes
- cleans more effectively than water alone
Tips and Warnings
1) Use a scrub brush to work the solution into the skin
2) Store your fruit and vegetable wash out of the reach of children
3) Always label the contents of your spray bottles