Learn how to make your own laundry detergent, and enjoy clean clothes for less.
Time Required: 10-15 minutes
Mix together two parts Borax, two parts Washing Soda and one part grated Fels-Naptha soap to create your own laundry detergent (You can make as much or as little as you'd like).
Use up to three level tablespoons per wash load.
Store the rest in a lidded container, out of the reach of children and pets.
- Recipe Courtesy of James77777
- Be sure to label your detergent container, so others will know what's inside. Include a list of the ingredients as an added safety measure.
- Borax sells under the name 20 Mule Team, and can be found on the laundry aisle. You should be able to find Washing Soda and Fels-Naptha soap there too.
- Having trouble locating Fels-Naptha soap on the laundry aisle? Check to see if it's in with the bar soap.
- If the grocery store or discount store that you shop at doesn't stock these ingredients, try an international grocery store.
- Zote, Ivory or castile soap can be used in place of Fels-Naptha.
What You Need:
- Washing Soda
- Fels Naptha Soap