If you have granulated sugar on hand, you can make your own powdered sugar in under two minutes.
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Place a cup of granulated sugar in the blender for each cup of powdered sugar needed.
- Blend at high speed until the sugar turns to powder.
- Use immediately, or store in an air-tight container.
- To prevent caking and improve thickening ability (important when making icing), add 1-2 Tablespoons of corn starch for each cup of sugar made.
- Sugar may etch your blender pitcher, particularly if it's made of plastic. If this is a concern, use a coffee grinder or spice grinder instead.
What You Need:
- A blender
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Granulated sugar
- Corn starch (optional)