- Place a drinking glass on top of the first Christmas card, and move it around until you like the image contained within the glass.
- Then, trace around the glass with a pencil.
- Cut out the circle, and set aside.
- Repeat until you have at least 24 circles for each placemat.
- Arrange your cut outs on a piece of paper to form the first mat.
- Then, glue in place.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to form the remaining placemats.
- Finish by laminating or applying contact paper to each mat.
- Make up a few sets to give as gifts. They're perfect for grandparents, teachers, scout leaders and many others.
- Use old wrapping paper as the backing paper for the mats.
- Experiment with different shapes (squares, rectangles, even Christmas trees). Circles are just one of many options.
- Write the year that you received the cards on each placemat, and you'll have a Christmas archive that you can add to each year.
What You Need
- Christmas cards
- A drinking glass
- A pencil
- A large piece of paper