Use an old spoon or fork to make a silverware keychain for yourself or to give as a gift.
Time Required: 15 minutes or less
- Cut the handle off of spoon or fork about 2-1/2 inches from the end, using a pair of cutting pliers.
- Then, bend the skinny end of the handle around a key ring, forming a closed loop (needle nose pliers work well for this).
- Thread your keys onto your new keychain or wrap it and give it as a gift.
- Use the same technique to make a pendant necklace or a pair of earrings
- Thrift stores and yard sales are a cheap source for odds and ends silverware
What You Need
- A spoon or fork
- A pair of cutting pliers
- A pair of needle nose pliers
- A key ring