Hundreds of stickers for less than a quarter – it sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? Give this recipe for homemade stickers a try, and you can make it happen.
Time Required: 30 minutes to an hour, plus drying time
- Cut out interesting pictures from magazines.
- Then, combine a packet of gelatin with one-half cup of water.
- Stir to dissolve the gelatin completely.
- Now, use a paintbrush to apply the gelatin to the back of each picture.
- Allow the pictures to dry wet side up on a piece of waxed paper.
- Then, to use your stickers, just lick the back of each one; and apply. Easy and fun!
- The small box of unflavored gelatin usually contains four packets – enough to make four batches of stickers.
- For more fun, try turning computer printables or your own artwork into stickers.
- Stickers made from magazine pages will not be acid-free, and therefore may not be well suited to scrapbook use.
What You Need
- Unflavored gelatin
- Magazine pictures
- A bowl
- Measuring cups
- A paintbrush
- Waxed paper