Transform ordinary safety pins into a beautiful bracelet.
Time Required: 1 hr - 1 hr 30 min
- Open one of the safety pins, and thread seed beads onto the open prong, leaving enough space to refasten the pin. Repeat the process until all of the safety pins have been beaded.
- Next, cut two 12” pieces of elastic cord.
- Thread one of the cords through the hole in the top of a safety pin, then through a spacer bead, and then through the hole in the bottom of another safety pin. Continue to thread in this manner until your bracelet is long enough to go around your wrist.
- Then, take the second cord and thread it through the bottom of the bracelet, adding a spacer bead between each safety pin.
- Finally, tie the ends of the bracelet together, and it’s ready to wear!
- If you're short on time or would like to do this project with kids, use larger pins and beads.
- For a high-end look, use all silver or gold beads.
What You Need:
- 40-50 small safety pins
- 1 package of seed beads
- Spacer beads (larger beads to go between the safety pins)
- Elastic cord (.7 mm or above recommended)