Have an old pair of jeans that you can't bear to toss? Then, turn them into a cute denim pocket purse.
Time Required: 30 minutes or less
What You Need:
- An old pair of jeans
- A seam ripper
- A needle
- Remove the back pockets from a pair of jeans using a seam ripper. Hint: If you work on the inside of the pants, the seams will be easy to see and rip.
- Place the two pockets on top of each other, with good sides facing out, and pin.
- Then, cut a piece of ribbon to serve as the handle, tuck it inside the pockets, and pin in place.
- Sew around the outside edge of the pockets, and your purse is complete!.
- Personalize your purse with embroidery, buttons, bows or other embellishments.
- Use the pockets off of a pair of child's jeans to make a change purse to go inside your purse.
- Denim pocket purses can also be used as gift bags or party favor bags.