Sweater pillows are just the thing to cozy up a sofa or bed. Scavenge some sweaters from your favorite thrift store, and stitch up a few for yourself.
Time Required: 30 minutes or less
- Cut a section of fabric from the front and pack of your sweater that measures a few inches larger all the way around than your desired pillow size. This should give you two identical pieces of fabric.
- Pin the two pieces together, right sides facing in.
- Then, stitch all the way around, leaving an opening to insert your pillow form or stuffing.
- Flip the fabric right side facing out, and fill.
- Finish the pillow by stitching up the opening.
- To create removable pillow covers, use sweaters with button or zipper fronts.
- Have old pillows that you're tired of? Use them as the pillow forms in your new sweater pillows.
- Embellish your finished pillows with buttons or other findings.
What You Need:
- Old Sweaters
- Pillow forms or stuffing
- A sewing machine or needle