Buttons always seem to accumulate at the bottom of a sewing basket, but yours don't have to. Turn some of your stash into a beautiful button bouquet to keep or give.
Time Required: 30 minutes
- Cut a piece of wire to your desired stem length.
- Then, thread the wire through the holes of the first button, leaving enough wire to twist around the "stem" to secure your design.
- Continue making flowers in this manner until you have enough to fill your vase or container.
- Then, arrange; and enjoy.
- To create more elaborate flower designs, try wiring multiple buttons together.
- Button bouquets make a great stand in for traditional wedding bouquets – and they last a lot longer too!
- Button bouquets also make fun (and cheap) party favors or decorations.
What You Need:
- fine gauge wire
- wire cutters
- vase or small container