Store-bought drain cleaners are expensive and caustic, learn how to make your own homemade drain cleaner using this simple recipe:
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Pour half a box of baking soda down the drain.
- Pour vinegar over top of the baking soda to create a foaming action.
- Allow the foam to settle, and repeat until all of the baking soda is gone.
- Enjoy a fresher smelling drain, and more money in your pocket.
- For maximum effect, allow the drain to sit unused for a while after cleaning.
- Run hot water down the drain the first time you use it. This should help to remove any dirt or debris left behind.
What You Need