Cast iron cookware is the ultimate in durability. When properly seasoned your pots and pans will last a lifetime – and probably longer!
Time Required: 60 minutes
- Coat your new cast iron cookware with vegetable shortening (inside and out).
- Place in a 300 degree oven for one hour.
- Remove, and wipe off any liquified shortening. Your pan is now seasoned!
- To avoid a mess in the oven, place a piece of foil under the pan.
- A true no-stick surface takes time to form. To avoid cooking frustrations, only use your pan for meats and other fatty foods in the beginning.
What You Need:
- Vegetable Shortening