Love the cleaning power of vinegar, but hate the smell? Then, infuse it with a scent that you do like.
- Flower petals or herbs (dried or fresh)
- 2 glass bottles
- A strainer
1. Sterilize the bottles.
2. Then, place your chosen herbs or flowers into one of the bottles. (The more you put in, the stronger the scent will be.)
3. Fill the bottle with vinegar.
4. Cap, and allow to steep for 10 days.
5. Open the bottle, and strain out all of the flowers or herbs.
6. Pour the vinegar into the second bottle; and store in a cool, dark place.
- Essential oil
1. Add several drops of your favorite essential oil to the vinegar.
2. Cap, and shake to distribute the scent throughout.
Try lavender for laundry and citrus or peppermint for around-the-house cleaning.
Tips and Warnings
1) Keep all cleaners out of the reach of children.
2) Avoid dark colored herbs, as these could change the color of the vinegar, and potentially stain.