- Check to see if your state or local utility company offers any rebates or incentives for replacing an old HVAC system:
- Review the current rebate offers from all of the HVAC manufacturers:
Note: Keep in mind that these offers usually apply to their most expensive models, so you may be able to get a better deal by purchasing a mid-level unit that isn't eligible for a rebate.
- Select an HVAC system that qualifies for the energy tax credit to save up to an additional $300. Expires December 31, 2013.
- Wait to have your new system installed in the fall or spring, when HVAC contractors aren't as busy. Then, ask for an off-season discount.
- Prices may vary widely from one company to the next. Get several quotes before making your decision
- On the fence about whether you should replace your HVAC? Find out when Energy Star recommends a replacement.
What You Need
- A computer
- A phone