Have dull scissors? Instead of replacing them, try sharpening them instead.
Time Required: 5 minutes or less
- Fold a piece of aluminum foil in half several times (four or five times should do it).
- Then, cut through the aluminum foil with your scissors several times to sharpen the blades.
- Test out your newly-sharpened scissors on a piece of paper. If they're still not sharp enough for your needs, repeat the process again.
- Using fabric scissors to cut paper will dull the blades quickly. Keep a separate pair of scissors for fabric and paper.
- Prefer to have your scissors professionally sharpened? Check to see if your local fabric store offers the service
What You Need
- Aluminum foil
- A piece of scrap paper