- Pour your blackberries into a colander and rinse in cool water. Shake out as much water as possible.
- Remove any stems, leaves or damaged berries. Also remove any under or over-ripe berries.
- Spread the blackberries out on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Then, stick the tray in the freezer.
Once the berries are frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag or another freezer-safe container of your choosing. Return them to the freezer.
To avoid freezer burn, try to use the blackberries within six months.
- Use your frozen blackberries to make cobbler, jam, smoothies or another tasty blackberry treat
- Start a freezer inventory list to keep up with what's in your freezer
What You Need
- A colander
- A cookie sheet
- Freezer bags (or another freezer-safe container)