Freeze greens when they're in season, and you can enjoy them year-round.
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Wash the greens, and remove any tough stems.
- Blanch the greens in boiling water. Blanch collard greens for three minutes. Blanch all other greens for two minutes.
- Rinse the greens in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Squeeze out the excess water.
- Package in freezer bags or containers. Leave 1/2-inch headspace.
- Seal the container and freeze.
What You Need
- A large pot
- Freezer bags or containers