- Peel and chop the onions to your desired size.
- Place the chopped onions in a freezer bag; squeeze out as much air as possible; and seal.
- Stick the onions in the freezer, and add to recipes as needed.
- Onions have a strong smell when first frozen (we're talking strong enough to smell when the freezer door is shut). If you have a chest freezer in your basement or garage, consider sticking them in there
- Chopped onions tend to freeze in clumps. To remedy the problem, just bang the bag against the counter a few times before each use
- Frozen onions are best used in soups, stews and other cooked dishes
What You Need
- A knife
- Freezer bags