Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Pizza dough
- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 8 oz of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Your choice of vegetables (broccoli, tomatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc.)
1. Prepare a batch of pizza dough by hand or using your bread machine.
2. Then, divide the dough into two balls, and roll out each ball into a circle.
3. Spread tomato sauce over both circles, leaving a one-inch edge all the way around.
4. Top half of each circle with your choice of vegetables, and sprinkle with cheese.
5. Moisten the edge of the dough with water, and fold the untopped side over the filling. Then seal the edges by pressing down with the tines of a fork. Finish by cutting slits in the center of each calzone to allow the steam to escape.
6. Bake at 490 for 10 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.