Have a couple coffee cans and a bored kid? Then, make a set of coffee can stilts, and enjoy less clutter and more smiles.
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Turn the cans upside down, so that the open end is touching the ground.
- Then, use a drill or awl to make two holes in each can, one on each side. (An adult should do this step.)
- String a piece of rope through the holes, and tie off the ends inside the can. This will create a loop for your child to hold onto.
- Now have your child climb up onto the stilts, and give them a try.
Note: The rope loop may need to be adjusted to fit your child. Waist-height usually works best.
- For more fun, encourage your child to customize the stilts with stickers or other decorations.
- Once your child gets good at stilt walking, turn on some music; and let her give stilt dancing a try.
- Always supervise your child while she is playing on the stilts.
What You Need:
- (2) 1-pound coffee cans
- Drill or awl