Felt boards are entertaining and educational. Create one for the youngster in your life with a few scraps of felt and a bit of cardboard.
Time Required: 30 minutes
- Create the Felt Board
Select a piece of cardboard, and cut it down to your desired size. Then, cut a piece of felt that is just slightly larger than the board; and glue it to the cardboard. Fold the extra felt over; and glue it to the back. This will create a nice, finished edge.
- Create Felt Shapes and People
Decide on a theme for your felt board; then, create felt pieces to go along with your theme. Use a pencil or pen to draw your designs on the felt. Then, simply cut out, and your pieces are ready for play.
- Coloring book images can be used to create quick felt pieces. Just glue a picture down to a piece of felt, and cut out around the outer edge.
- Extra family photos can be used to create a felt version of your family.
- Use a stencil to create uniform letters and numbers.
- Sandpaper can also be used to back paper pieces.
- Your felt creations can be embellished with glitter, permanent markers or fabric paint. Let your imagination run wild!
What You Need
- School glue