What is Crackle?:
Crackle is a website where you can watch free TV shows and full-length movies. It is owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment.
How Does Crackle Work?:
Just register with the site (free), pick a show or movie that you want to watch and hit play. It's that easy. If you have Tivo, Roku, a Sony Blu-Ray Player or a similar device, you can also stream videos to your TV. And if you want to watch shows on the go, there's a free app that you can download to your cell phone.
Wondering how all of this can be free? It's simple. Instead of charging a membership fee, Crackle just runs the occasional commercial. It keeps the site going, and it keeps you from having to pay for the service.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Internet 7 (or above), FireFox 3 or Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0.22 (or above)
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 (or higher)/Microsoft Windows Vista/Windows 7/Macintosh OS X
What You'll Find on Crackle:
Sift through the video offerings on Crackle, and you'll find hundreds of shows (both new and old), as well as an impressive collection of full-length movies from Columbia, Tri Star, Sony Picture Classics and Screen Gems.
Make the Most of Crackle:
- Subscribe to your favorite shows, and Crackle will add new episodes to your queue as they become available
- Add interesting shows and movies to your queue as you come across them, and you'll always have something to watch when you log in
Save Money with Crackle:
Use Crackle as a replacement for cable, satellite TV and movie rental services.