Looking for a way to freshen your home--and it's contents – without the help of a store-bought air freshener or spray? Vinegar is the answer:
To freshen rooms, carpet, shoes, trash cans, diaper pails and other sprayable surfaces:
Simply fill a spray bottle with white vinegar, and spritz wherever a freshening is needed. It'll neutralize the odor, so that your home smells like your home.
To freshen refrigerators, lunch boxes and other wipeable surfaces:
Soak a sponge or rag in vinegar and use it to wipe down the entire surface of the item that you wish to freshen. Then, allow the vinegar to dry; and the smell should be gone.
Q: Won't this leave my home smelling like vinegar?
A: Not at all. The vinegar smell will vanish as soon as it dries, leaving your home odor-free.
Why This Works
The acetic acid in vinegar absorbs odors.
Benefits of Deodorizing with Vinegar
- no harsh chemicals
- no fragrances to irritate allergies
- removes odors, rather than covering them up
- environmentally-friendly (no CFCs or other propellants)
1) Do not reuse empty cleaner bottles. Buy a new bottle to use for your vinegar spray
2) Keep out of the reach of children