Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: (10) 1-cup servings
- 1 Tbsp light butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium butternut squash - peeled, seeded and cubed
- 32 oz. chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp tomato bouillon with chicken flavor
- 1 Tbsp Knorr Tomato and Chipotle flavored bouillon
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt the light butter in a large pot. Cook the onion, celery, carrot, potatoes and squash for five minutes.
2. Pour in enough chicken stock to cover the vegetables. Add the two types of bouillon powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low; cover pot; and simmer 30-40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
3. Transfer the soup to a blender, and blend until smooth.
4. Return to pot, and mix in any remaining stock to reach your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
Cari says: This is a thick, hearty soup that you can make in bulk and freeze for reheating later. It's not only inexpensive to make, but also filling and healthy (low in fat and calories, and high in nutrients)
Calories per cup: 75
Fat g per cup: 0.6g
Protein g per cup: 1.5g