Make your own gel ice packs for way less than they sell for at the store.
Time Required: 5 minutes or less
- Mix two parts water and one part rubbing alcohol together in one of the freezer bags. Seal tightly.
- Use the second freezer bag to double bag your mixture.
- Freeze until the rubbing alcohol and water gels.
- Use your new ice pack in place of store-bought ice packs.
- Make a variety of sizes to accommodate different uses. Gallon-sized bags make great ice packs for large coolers.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the bag before you freeze it, to create a colored ice pack.
What You Need:
- Rubbing alcohol
- Two freezer bags