Forget about paying for fire starters. You can make all the fire starters you need for free.
Time Required: 15 minutes or less
- Fill each cup of the egg carton with dryer lint.
- Melt the wax in a double boiler.
- Pour the wax overtop of the lint.
- Allow the wax to cool and harden. Then, cut the egg carton up to create 12 fire starters.
- To use: simply place the fire starter in your fireplace (or firepit) with your kindling and light.
- Be sure to cover your work surface, before you start.
- You can use saw dust in place of the dryer lint, or broken crayons in place of the candle wax.
- Fire starters make great gifts. Make a bunch, and you'll be all set for Christmas.
What You Need:
- Dryer lint
- Cardboard egg cartons
- candle wax (old candles work great)