Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
1. Combine egg, salt and milk. Add flour. (For thicker noodles add the baking powder to the flour before mixing.) Separate into two balls.
2. Roll out dough, and let stand for 20 minutes.
3. Cut into strips, and spread out to dry. Dust with a little flour. Let dry for approximately two hours.
4. Drop into hot soup (or water). Cook for about 10 minutes.
Jackielou01 says: My mother-in-law used to double and triple this recipe. She had to feed a family of 13, plus farm workers. I have doubled it with excellent results.