Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- Butternut squash
1. Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds and strings.
2. Place the squash on a baking sheet (cut side up), and roast for one hour at 375 degrees.
3. Allow the squash to cool. Then, scoop out the flesh, and run it through a blender until smooth.
1. Butternut squash puree freezes well. Make your puree in bulk, and freeze it in one-cup servings to make it easy to add to recipes.
2. Out of pumpkin puree? Use your squash puree instead. It's the perfect substitute.
3. Save your seeds. Butternut squash seeds can be roasted and eaten just like pumpkin seeds.
4. You can also roast acorn squash using these steps.