Looking for a way to show Mom that you appreciate her without breaking the bank? Then, try one of these low-cost Mother's Day gift ideas:
1. Lunch or Dinner OutNormally eating out wouldn't qualify as a cheap gift idea, but on Mother's Day it does. Locate a restaurant that offers a free meal for Mom on Mother's Day, and you can treat her to a tasty meal without running up a big tab.
2. Family PortraitDig through your recent family photos until you've found a real stand-out. Then, take the negative to a photo processing center, and order an enlargement. For a few dollars you'll have a frame-ready family portrait.
3. A Small IndulgenceEvery frugal Mom has things that she loves, but is too cheap to buy – maybe it's a certain brand of shampoo, the good chocolate or a favorite magazine. Figure out what your Mom has been denying herself, and then buy it for her.
4. FlowersCut flowers are nice, but they don't last very long. For a gift with longer-lasting appeal, choose a flowering perennial for her garden instead – she'll enjoy your gift this Mother's Day and every one thereafter. For an even cheaper take on this idea, just place a packet of seeds inside a card, and schedule a time to help her plant them.
5. Customized Stamps
to create photo stamps for Mom. It's as simple as uploading a special photo – wedding picture, baby picture, etc. – and placing an order. You'll spend a bit more than you would for normal stamps, but you're sure to put a smile on Mom's face every time she mails a letter.
6. A Special OutingGive Mom a break from her day-to-day life by taking her on a special outing. Research free events in your area – concerts, plays, museum tours, etc. – and then pick the one that's most in line with Mom's interests. For a truly special gift, tell her she's signed up for the Adventure of the Month Club. Then, make good on your gift by taking her on a free adventure every month for a year.