Sometimes a recipe leaves you with a partial can of sweetened condensed milk. Tell us what you do with the leftovers. Share Your Answer
- I add the leftover condensed milk to french toast mixture, instead of regular milk.
- —Guest als12
- I think the rest sounds fantastic, but I usually just cut up a banana and pour it over the banana slices. My friends brother does this and it is great! It is slightly sweet, but VERY easy.
- —Guest banana_minion!
6 minute caramel recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk.
Bring to a boil, turn down heat to med-low, stir every minute or two to prevent scorching, pour into buttered small pan (8x8 or smaller), cool, cut into pieces, & twist in small pieces of wax paper - so easy!
- —Guest Sue Farias
- I make cinnamon/sugar butter with leftover sweetened condensed milk. Its so simple! Use room temperature butter or margarine, cinnamon & sugar mix & sweetened condensed milk. Add the milk 1 tbsp at a time & taste as you go. You can make it as sweet as you like. Put in the fridge to harden after mixing or spoon into a mold for serving. Goes great w/ homemade rolls or bread. My kids like it on toast for breakfast .
- —Guest Teri Latta
- I add lemon juice to it, little by little, and whip it (you can just use a spoon) till it thickens. I refrigerate the cream in a container with a lid and use it as ice cream topping, or add a dollop to a bowl of fruit, for example.
- —Guest patriciabrazil
use it for crafts
- I use leftover sweetened condensed milk to create paint for kids crafts. A couple drops of food coloring gives it a deep pastel color and it dries with a nice shimmer. Perfect for kids to paint with at Easter, but not recommended in areas where there are ant problems.
Use leftover condensed milk in fudge
- Measure the amount of leftover sweetened condensed milk in ounces and add the same amount (or slightly more) of chocolate chips. Melt together, then stir in some nuts, a bit of vanilla and chill in the fridge. Makes very sweet candy.