Looking for a natural and wallet-friendly hair spray to keep your 'do in place? Then, give this simple, two-ingredient recipe a try:
Time Required: 20 minutes or less
- Slice the lemon into wedges.
- Place in a pot, and cover with two cups water.
- Boil until half of the liquid remains.
- Allow to cool. Then, strain, and place in a spray bottle.
- If the finished spray feels sticky to the touch, dilute it with a bit of water.
- Then, store your hair spray in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Add a Tablespoon of rubbing alcohol to the recipe, and the hair spray can be stored at room temperature for up to two weeks.
- Have dry hair? Then, try an orange instead of a lemon.
- Customize the scent of your hair spray by adding a couple drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Be sure to label the contents of your bottle.
What You Need
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups water
- A pot
- A strainer
- An empty spray bottle