Has a day outdoors left you burnt to a crisp? Then, try this simple home remedy for sunburn:
What You Need:
- Vinegar (apple cider or white)
- A spray bottle
What You Do:
1. Fill a spray bottle with vinegar, and use it to apply vinegar to any sunburned areas of your body. (Use a cotton ball or rag to apply vinegar to your face).
2. Reapply every few hours, or whenever the sunburned feeling returns.
Why This WorksThe acetic acid in vinegar soothes and moisturizes sunburned skin – just what you need to feel better now, and minimize unsightly peeling later.
Benefits of Treating Sunburn with Vinegar
- fragrance-free (once it dries)
- all natural
Tips and Warnings
1) Keep vinegar out of the reach of children and pets
2) Do not reuse spray bottles that have contained other chemicals
3) See a doctor if your sunburn is accompanied by fever, chills or blisters. These could be signs of sun poisoning
4) This is an unproven folk remedy. Use at your own risk