What You Need:
- White vinegar
- A small bowl or container
What You Do:
Soak your sponges in a container of white vinegar overnight. Then, squeeze them out in the morning, and they'll be refreshed and ready for use.
Why This Works:
The acetic acid in vinegar kills bacteria and eliminates odors.
Benefits of Sanitizing with Vinegar:
- extends the life of your sponges
- reduces the spread of bacteria in the home
- much safer than heating sponges in the microwave
- no harsh chemicals
Tips and Warning:
1) Keep vinegar out of the reach of children and pets
2) Pour the used vinegar down the drain, and it will help to sanitize that too