Vinegar makes stain removal a snap. Learn how to treat 16 of your toughest laundry stains with white vinegar and a bit of elbow grease.
1. Remove Tomato StainsSaturate the stain with vinegar. Allow it to soak in. Then, wash.
2. Remove Sugar-Based StainsSaturate the stain with vinegar. Allow it to soak in. Then, wash.
3. Remove Coffee/ Tea StainsFlush the area with vinegar to remove the stain. Rinse and repeat as needed. Then, wash as usual.
4. Remove Wine StainsSaturate the stain in vinegar, and allow to it stand for several minutes. Then, rinse with water, and repeat the process, if needed. Wash immediately after.
5. Remove Mustard StainsApply vinegar to the stain, and allow it to soak in. Then, spot treat with a bit of laundry detergent, and wash.
6. Remove GreaseSoak the stain in undiluted white vinegar. Then, wash as usual.
7. Remove Sweat StainsPour vinegar over the sweat stain. Then rub coarse salt into the stain (table salt will work if it's all you have). Place the garment out in the sun to dry. Then, wash.
8. Remove Grass StainsApply vinegar to the stain with a sponge, and lightly dab to lift. If the stain persists, make a paste of vinegar and baking soda, and brush it into the stain with an old toothbrush. Then, wash as usual.
9. Remove Ink StainsApply vinegar to the stain. Then, rub with a paste made of vinegar and baking soda. Let dry. Then, wash.
10. Remove Deodorant StainsRub vinegar into the stain until it disappears. Then, launder as usual.