Is the wreath on your front door looking tired? Then, raid your fabric scraps, and create a no-cost replacement in a jiff.
Time Required: 30 minutes
- Dig through your fabric stash, and round up all of your fabric scraps – the more colors and patterns the better.
- Then, tear your scraps into pieces that are approximately six inches long and one-inch wide (no need to be exact).
- Use a pair of wire cutters to clip the hook off of the top of the hanger.
- Then, shape the remaining wire into a circle, and tape the two ends together with duct tape. This will serve as the form for your wreath (you can also use a store-bought wire frame wreath).
- Place the first piece of fabric over the wire form, so that you have an equal length of fabric on either side of the wire. Then, tie the fabric in place.
- Repeat step 5 until the entire wire is covered in fabric.
- Hang, and enjoy.
- For a built in hanging hook, simply leave the hanger's hook in place
- Create seasonal and holiday wreaths by using appropriately colored and patterned fabric
What You Need:
- Fabric scraps in a variety of colors
- Metal hanger
- Duct tape
- Wire cutters