What You Need:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dish soap
- A jar or small bowl
What You Do:
1. Pour a cup of apple cider vinegar into a jar or small bowl.
2. Add a couple drops of dish soap to the jar.
3. Place in the area where you've seen the fruit flies, and wait for the trap to do its job.
Why This Works:Fruit flies are attracted to the smell of the vinegar, and will attempt to land on its surface. However, they're in for a surpise – since the dish soap breaks the surface tension of the vinegar, the fruit flies fall in and drown. Say good-bye to that annoying swarm!
Benefits of Using Vinegar:
- no harsh fumes
Tips and Warnings:
1) Keep out of the reach of children
2) A bottle with a small neck can also be used.