Have a collection of smooth, river rocks? You can turn them into cheap art for your garden with just a bit of paint and imagination.
Time Required: 15-30 minutes
- Clean and dry your rock.
- Use a pencil to sketch out your design on the surface of the rock. It can be an animal, insect, flower or anything else that you desire.
- Once you're satisfied with your design, use acrylic paint to fill it in.
- Allow the paint to dry, and your rock is ready for its new garden home.
- To make this craft easier for young kids, use black paint to create an outline of the design. Then, once it's dry, they can fill in the outlined areas just as they would a coloring book page.
- Wiggly eyes, buttons and other embellishments can be added to your design.
- For a fun alternative to plastic garden markers, paint the name of each of your plants on a rock.
What You Need:
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brush