Forget about paying for fly paper, it's easy to make.
Time Required: 5-10 minutes of hands on time
What You Need:
- A brown paper bag
- A sauce pan
- Cookie sheets and drying racks
- A large spoon for stirring
- Corn Syrup
- Cut a brown paper bag into strips.
- Combine equal parts corn syrup and water in a sauce pan, and bring to a boil (one cup corn syrup and one cup water will make a lot of fly paper). Remove from heat.
- Submerge the strips in the sugar-water mixture, and allow them to sit long enough to become saturated.
- Remove the strips with tongs (careful, they'll be hot!), and place them on drying racks sitting overtop of cookie sheets.
- Allow to dry fully. Then, hang your fly paper wherever flies are a problem.
- If your grocery store doesn't offer paper bags, save restaurant bags.
- For maximum stickiness, allow the paper strips to sit in the sugar-water mixture for several hours or overnight.