- i like to get nice, clean ceramic pieces from the thrift shop and fill them with dollar store candy or mints.
- —Guest antfamily
- Got cheap stuff at target in the Clearance section 3 gifts for under $9
- —Guest Gh19028
A tin of holiday goodies - under $3 gift
- Best idea if you have a group of people to cover. Buy holiday tins from any dollar store and fill it with chocolate-covered pretzels and/or pop-corn (also from a dollar store). Stick a Christmas bow on a top. Anyone will enjoy it!
- —Guest Anya
Great Gifts for $5
- I too love the local dollar tree for all gift ideas. With the bad economy you are seeing big brands put their products in dollar trees all the time because more people are shopping there. Now selling garnia fructis hair products in travel size. Many other big names. Paul huff location has great oil burners in many colors, very nice tea candles too...huge bottle of oil all for one dollar... I do have to say ocean breeze is only oil that has a pleasant smell
- —Guest jjimmy
Favourite gifts to all!!!(Under $5)
- A notebook or a torch/flashlight. My favourite gift I've gotten is a calender full of horses and a bubblegum machine. (I loved it cause the flavour was strawberry.) I also think a present from the $2 shop should be worth it.
- —Guest Emily
- Love the dollar bins at michaels. I have a thing for the cute magnetic notepads and pens to match!! Also tons of notecards, nailfiles etc. Love, love, love!!
- —Guest holly
great inexpensive gift
- To make homemade vanilla, collect through the year small pretty darker glass bottles. Add 1 cup vodka and 2 cut up vanilla beans, split in half. You can do this 4 months in advance, so that the essence is cured, or label the bottle with a date when it will be ready for use. A container of vanilla beans from Costco or a similar store will create a frugal gift when shared out.
- —Guest shellgirl4000
Random and funky gifts
- Duck tape can come in different colors and patterns which makes them a great stocking gift. Also it's crafty.
- —Guest Ashley
VICTORIAS SECRET !
- Okay so EVERY year if you purchase something from Victoria's Secret, you get a rewards coupon card for either $10, $50, $100, or $500, but you don't know what the amount is until you use the card. If you go there and then go to the clearance section, there will be cute t-shirts for $10 ONLY, and if you use the card (there will most likely be $10 on it), ITS FREEE! And then you can add a $5 fragrance from PINK.
- —Guest X-TREME COUPONER !
- Go to $2 dollar shops. You can get bright boxes and fill them with candy, cards, glasses, sunnies, chocolate.
- —Guest Torz234
- i love to paint bookmark for kids. They are fun to do and cost basically nothing!
- —Guest milly
- You could even buy them a lot of their favorite candy at Walmart it's only $1 usually. Nail polish, bracelets, and some Vera Bradley. Near the Jasper Area if you go to Finishing Touches they have the cutest little friendship bracelets! Photo albums are great, too!
- —Guest kellylynn
Teen Gifts Under $5
- You can go to Bath & Body, and at christmas they have hand sanitizers on sale 5 for $5. You can get tons of different flavors, or small perfumes for $5 each. Also girls love painting their nails; Walgreens has nail polish for 99 cents. Get some different colors; they will love them.
- —Guest love ya
The Gift of Fun
- It doesn't just have to be a gift for someone. Make it a fun day with co-workers, family, friends, etc. Make a scavenger hunt. It doesn't take very long, and its a lot of fun to spend time with friends, or getting to know your co-workers. Have them split into teams and have each team contribute 5 bucks and all the money in the end will be the final prize for the winner!
- —Guest Meghan
Home Baked Cookies
- I love to bake. Even at today's prices, you can bake a dozen chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, or peanutbutter cookies for about $1.50/dozen.